Lightweight camera solutions for drones, embedded systems and industrial applications.
Resolutions from 51Mpix to 250Mpix are available
The EMC is a family of small, light weight cameras with industry standard interfaces. A native connection to the EPIX mf2280 M.2 capture card provides an extremely simple and compact solution for embedded systems. By replacing the standard camera link capture cards and cables with a M.2 card, super high resolution embedded systems and drones are possible.
The EMC offers data rates up to 1370 megabytes per second and support for all camera link modes. The PIXCI® mf2280 camera link frame grabber uses internal M.2M 2280 slots in small computer systems. Space constraints typically require routing of cables to a side of the case or to a nearby camera. COTS Samtec HLCD flexible cables are used to facilitate routing.
The EMC supports all illunis EMC+mf2280 enabled cameras including, 51, 65, 103, 250 Megapixels. Custom versions available.
- Host data connection is PCIe Gen2x4 M.2 M 2280 slot or Camera Link
- Light weight design (EMC-103 is ~210 grams without lens)
- 64-bit memory addressing with 1370 megabyte/sec maximum sustained data transfer
- XCAP-Lite image capture, display, and save program included
- Capture video to computer memory with XCAP-LTD
- Stream video to disk with XCAP-STD
- XCLIB programmer libraries for frame grabber and camera control
- PXIPL image processing, measurement, and analysis libraries
- Compatible with 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, etc., LINUX.
- Aerial mapping
- Aeronautic imaging
- Intelligent traffic systems (ITS)
- Machine vision
- Medical imaging
- Packaging & inspection
- Scientific research
- Wide area surveillance
EMC and mf2280 Specifications
|Light Weight||EMC without lens mount ~ 210 grams |
F-Mount 65 grams
EF-Mount 170 grams
|M.2 Architecture||PCIe Gen2x4 M.2 2280 slot|
|System Memory||64-bit memory addressing|
|Data Rate||Up to 1370 megabyte per second sustained data transfer|
|Software Interface||XCAP-Lite image capture, display, and save program included|
|OS Supported||Windows & Linux, 32 & 64–bit|
|Other interfaces||Standard HDR camera link|
The PIXCI® mf2280 works with Thunderbolt M.2 adapters
|CL Modes||Base/Medium/Full/80-Bit mode (Deca)|
|mf2280 capture card||https://www.epixinc.com/products/pixci_mf2280.htm|
|Data Cable||COTS Samtec HLCD|
Where XX = length in inches
Separate from mf2280
|7-12VDC at 6.5W typical|
Reverse power protected
|Operating Temperature||-30 to +70 C (TBD)|