SILICON VIDEO® 5C10, 5M10
5 Megapixel Capture at 10 fps with Exceptional Image Quality
Camera Sensor Features
- 5 megapixel color camera
- 2592 × 1944 resolution at up to 10.2 fps
- Reduced resolutions provide faster frame rates
- Up to 12 bits (4096 intensity levels) per color
- Capture & Save scientific quality uncompressed images or sequences
- Windowing reduces resolution to an area of interest and gives a faster frame rate
- Mirroring changes image read out order to flip the image
- Column Skip and Row Skip reduce resolution without reducing area of interest
- Electronic Rolling Shutter (ERS) mode provides maximum frame rates
- Global Reset Release provides simultaneous reset of all pixels followed by exposure and read out -- for use with a strobe or mechanical shutter
- Asynchronous Capture with Strobe Out
- Compact camera head
- Infrared cut filter
- Single interface cable carries power, camera controls, programmable pixel clock, and video
- Includes C-mount lens adapter with easily-adjustable flange distance
- Low noise digital signaling and a pixel clock range of 25 – 70 MHz
- RoHS Compliant
Frame Grabber Support
- PIXCI® SI — 1 camera in a 32 bit PCI slot
- PIXCI® SI1 — 1 camera in a PCIe x1 slot
- PIXCI® SI2 — up to 2 cameras in a PCIe x1 slot
- PIXCI® SI4 — up to 4 cameras in a PCIe x4 slot
- Camera integration and reset control
- Sequence capture
- Sequence save (XCAP-Ltd or Std)
- Triggered sequence capture
- Extensive processing, measurement, and analysis capabilities
- XCAP software provides convenient control of all camera operations including pixel clock frequency, integration/exposure time, resolution, and more
- XCAP dialog for the SV5C10 Bayer Pattern color camera provides automatic white balance, manual adjustment of Red, Green, and Blue gain, and extensive color balance controls
- Windows & Linux, 32 & 64–bit
- Add a ½" C-Mount lens, programmer libraries, image processing, or video-to-disk and image analysis software
- EPIX, Inc., offers complete imaging systems, built to your specifications, with cameras, frame grabbers, high performance motherboards, and RAID arrays for video to disk capture.
Example Sequence with four views captured simultaneously to disk from a PIXCI® SI4 and four SV5C10 cameras at 7fps.
Capture & Adjust Dialogs
SV5C10 CAPTURE & ADJUST DIALOG
The XCAP Imaging Program simplifies camera operation with a dedicated Capture & Adjust Dialog. The Capture & Adjust Dialog provides one convenient location for camera controls such as exposure, resolution, triggering, color balance and frame rate. In addition, the SV5C10 Dialog provides a camera-to-computer communication indicator, a programmable pixel clock, and exposure synchronized to AC power frequencies.
The Color & White Balance menu offers simple color balance settings for common sunlight, fluorescent light, and incandescent light conditions. In addition, for greater color precision, or for unusual light sources, XCAP offers advanced options for building custom color settings.
The camera's pixel clock frequency is user-selectable over a range of 25 MHz to 70 MHz. The programmable pixel clock provides a wider range of frame rates and exposure times.
The intensity of AC lighting fluctuates with the phase of the AC voltage that powers it. Capturing sequences of images using arbitrary frame rates with AC lighting will result in images with differing brightness. The SV5C10 Capture & Adjust Dialog offers a convenient fix for this problem — exposure times can be easily set to multiples of the local AC line frequency, either 1/50th or 1/60th second. Synchronizing exposure times to the line voltage provides images with consistent illumination from a varying-intensity AC light source.
The presence or absence of the 2 lines between the camera and computer icons indicate whether or not the computer and camera are properly connected and capable of communicating.
The optional XCAP-Std imaging program enables video-to-disk capture. Requires a host computer with storage system capable of handling desired image capture rates and duration. EPIX® offers complete imaging systems, designed to your specifications, guaranteed to capture uncompressed video to disk without dropping frames.
The Type-MX VideoModule ruggedized enclosure system from Tectivity, Inc. is available for SILICON® VIDEO cameras.
Contact EPIX, Inc., or your authorized EPIX, Inc. distributor, with your system requirements.
- Bayer Pattern Color (SV5C10)
- Pixel Clock Range:
- 25 MHz - 70 MHz
- Frame Resolution:
- 2592 (H) × 1944 (V) Maximum
- 4 (H) × 4 (V) Minimum
- Exposure Time:
- 50 µsec Minimum @ 70 MHz
- 9.15 sec Maximum @ 25 MHz
|FRAME RATE EXAMPLES|
|Free-Run 8-Bit Mode w. ERS|
|Pixel Clock Frequency|
|25 MHz||48 MHz||70 MHz|
|2592 × 1944||3.7 fps||7.0 fps||10.2 fps|
|2048 × 1536||5.5 fps||10.5 fps||15.4 fps|
|1920 × 1080||8.1 fps||15.6 fps||22.8 fps|
|1440 × 1080||9.8 fps||18.8 fps||27.5 fps|
|1280 × 1024||11.1 fps||21.3 fps||31.1 fps|
|1280 × 720||15.7 fps||30.2 fps||44.1 fps|
|800 × 600||24.2 fps||46.4 fps||67.6 fps|
|640 × 480||33.2 fps||63.7 fps||93.0 fps|
|320 × 240||82.3 fps||158.0 fps||230.4 fps|
|146 × 110||201.2 fps||386.4 fps||563.4 fps|
|128 × 128||177.5 fps||340.8 fps||497.0 fps|
|64 × 64||335.0 fps||682.0 fps||994.0 fps|
- CAMERA HEAD:
- 1.91" H × 1.51" W × 0.82" D
48.5mm H × 38.4mm W × 20.8mm D
- 73 Grams (2.6 Ounces)
- Tripod Mount Positions:
- Any 1 of the 4 sides: 1/4"-20 thread
- 1/2” optical format C-mount
- PIXCI SI Board Dimensions:
- 12.7 cm (L) × 7.4 cm (H)
- 5.0” (L) × 2.875” (H) [short slot]
- INTERFACE CABLE:
- Shielded CAT-5 with RJ45 plugs.
- BUS REQUIREMENTS:
- 3.3 or 5 volt PCI slot.
- On-Semi CMOS MT9P031 Sensor
- 2592H × 1944V
- Pixel Size:
- 2.2µm × 2.2µm
- Sensor Size:
- 5.70mm(H) × 4.28mm(V) (4:3)
- 1.4 V/lux-sec (550nm)
- Shutter Types:
- Global Reset Release (GRR)
Electronic Rolling Shutter (ERS)
EPIX SOFTWARE Support -
Supported by XCAP-Lite (no charge with board purchase),
XCLIB, and XCLIBIPL.
Compatible with 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, LINUX, and 32-bit DOS. Windows Media Foundation (DirectShow) and Video for Linux (V4L2) drivers are included with all versions of XCAP. TWAIN drivers available.